Blue Trekking American Girl Doll Socks

Pattern:
a slightly modified version of the knee socks in Basic Sock Pattern for American Girl Dolls by Judy Gibson
Yarn:
Zitron Trekking XXL [75% wool, 25% nylon]
color: color 71 (variegated blue), small amount leftover from making a pair of adult socks
click for bigger picture
Needles:
US 1 DPNs
Gauge:
9.5 sts and 12.5-13 rows/inch
Finished:
October 2006?
Modifications:
I cast on 40sts (instead of 32) to account for my tighter gauge. I also did a twisted ribbing at the top and a slightly deeper heel flap.
Comments:
I made these socks for Daughter#1's American Girl doll (Kirsten). I really like this pattern. The socks fit the American Girl dolls great and they are quick to make. However, they can be a touch fiddly with those few stitches on DPNs.

This is a great way to use up leftover sock yarn. In the future, I might even adjust the pattern and make a pair with laceweight yarn. That way the socks would fit better into the doll's shoes.

Labels:

0 Comments: