Orlando Ajoure & Cable Sweater

(real photos coming soon)

Pattern:
Orlando Ajoure & Cable Sweater from a free pattern at elann.com (originally from Spring/Summer 2003 issue of ONline Magazine)
Yarn:
ONline Linie 15 - Orlando [39% cotton/39% acrylic/22% nylon] (wide ribbon)
color: 002, Faded Denim
9 balls
Needles:
US 15
Size:
small (6-8)
Modifications:
Converted to knit the body in round up to armhole to avoid having a seam in the middle of the lacy side panel. I knit the sleeves in round for the same reason. I knit the cuffs flat, but grafted them together to avoid a seam there.
Finished:
July 2005
Comments:
I normally don't really like working with ribbon, but when I saw this sweater on elann's web site, it just called out to me. I really like how it came out. It's great for a cool summer evening with a camisole.
Also, I liked working with this ribbon. It was very soft and fabric-like and pleasant to work with.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gina said...

Hi I love this sweater but I am having a problem figuring it out. The pattern is not very clear about how many stitches you need to increase in the cable panel. I can't figure out how to get the pattern across 60 cast on stitches. If you can help I would be grateful. Thank you Gina Vancouver Canada

11/10/2009 6:43 AM  
Blogger Persnickety Knitter said...

Gina, please give me your email address by emailing me using the "Contact Me" link in the top left corner of my blog or by putting your email address in your blogger profile.

11/11/2009 9:12 PM